Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The Assistant Store Manager assists and partners with the store manager to provide the leadership and enthusiasm to drive an exceptional customer experience, overall operational execution and total store results. Assistant Store Managers supports the manager in fostering a high quality work environment that establishes, and maintains long-term customer relationships that always exceeds the Customers expectations. The position helps lead, and execute all company initiatives, is results driven, ensuring team development, sales and profitability goals are exceeded. The Assistant Store manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in all aspects of managing a single retail store, including merchandise, inventory, and expense control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly helpful environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, exchanging names, maintaining outstanding standards, demonstrating solid product knowledge and meeting all other components of company’s customer service guidelines.
- Identify, recruit, and hire qualified sales associates with a passion for nutrition, health and sales.
- Train, develop and assess performance of sales associates in all aspects of the business to ensure they have the skills, product knowledge and operations skills to provide a consistent World Class Customer Experience.
- Document the return of damaged, discontinued or expired products.
- Responsible for the career development, retention, and succession planning of store’s associates
- Monitor, analyze and measure sales performance; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed sales goals and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and signing is current and displayed properly.
- Responsible for a clean store that includes fixtures, shelves, baskets, backroom, bathroom and floor according to company policy.
- Review store trends. Recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
- Operate the cash register, accept payment, make change, provide receipts and bag merchandise for customers.
- Create appropriate schedules based on business needs and payroll guidelines directed by the Home Office or District Manager.
- Communicate effectively with Store Manager, District Manager, Home Office, and peers.
- Collaborate with District Manager to establish clear performance goals and objectives.
- Foster a pleasant work environment for all associates.
Qualifications, Experience, Education, Certification, Licenses & Registrations, Skills, Physical Demands:
- Candidates must have passion for health, nutrition, fitness and helping others.
- Minimum of two years in a retail sales managerial position
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership abilities to guide and evaluate Assistant Store Managers, Sales Associates, and Cashiers.
- Proven ability to train and develop sales associates using skills practice.
- Ability to assess talent, coach, develop and manage performance
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to interpret documents such as reports, training materials, operations manual, technical instructions in diagram form and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs to stock shelves and organize storage rooms.
- Great organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel for training, meetings, career development and growth opportunities.
Vitamin World offers a competitive salary (based on experience), sales commission and an excellent benefits package.